The race registration fee is $1600.00 (CDN) per team. This fee includes entry into the race, race t-shirt, entrance permit to Cape Breton Highlands National Park and meal at the banquet for 17 runners.
The initial registration deposit ($800) and final balance due ($800) March 1, 2020 are required to be paid with either certified cheque, money order, or e-transfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Total number of teams permitted for the 2020 Cabot Trail Relay will be 70.
The cost to register a team is $1,600 (Cdn). All registration applications must be in my hands by end of the day Friday December 20, 2019. This application should include the completed registration form and $800 deposit. Please ensure that the applications are in my hands, as post marked registration forms will be considered late. So please make sure you have your applications off to me by around December 13th to make sure they get to me on time. Send applications to:
Cabot Trail Relay Association
P.O. Box 675
Alternatively you can transfer your registration deposit to email@example.com along with your completed registration form. If you send an e-transfer please find a way to reference your team name and team captain to help me keep things straight on this end.
After registration closes we will be drawing 45 teams from a hat.
All registration forms sent by our Dec 20 deadline will be in the hat.
There will be one hat, not a NS hat, NB hat, ON hat etc. One hat. From the remaining entries we will select 25 teams by consensus. Two members of the tech crew in Halifax and two members from the organizing committee in Baddeck will be responsible for this selection. This selection will be based on attempting to strike a balance based on the results of the 45 teams from the lottery.
We will use criteria similar to:
a. past race participation. Did a team not make the lottery that in the past has added some flavour to the race.
b. # of years in the relay. Did a team not make the lottery that has been in the race forever.
c. provide a balance of teams geographically. We want teams from everywhere.
d. New teams. We want to see a mix of old and new.
e. Who was on the waiting list in the previous years race.
f. How many teams have five (5) or more runners from the previous years race who had a DNF.
This is not carved in stone. We will do as we have done in the past and try to strike a fair and reasonable balance. There has not been in the past and will not be in the future behind the scenes deals or politics. Just as fair a selection as we can. Trust me I don’t lie, I’m an engineer.
After the 45 from the lottery and 25 by selection have been chosen the remaining teams will be placed on a waiting list. This will form the waiting list for the selection of any additional teams beyond 70. The 70 lucky teams and teams on the waiting list teams will be posted on the web page during the first week of January, 2019.
- Tee shirt order form sent to us by March 15th, 2020. Just fill it in and submit it to us
- Payment of final registration balance due in by March 1st, 2020. If final payment is not received by March 1st offending teams will have 10 days to provide the full payment or risk losing a spot in the race. Don’t forget we now have more teams that want in the race than we can accommodate.
- Completed meal form in by April 28, 2020. Just fill it in and submit it to us.
- Completed waiver form in by April 28, 2020. Just fill it in and mail it to us.
- Withdrawal of a team prior to January 20th, 2020 results in reimbursement of full deposit minus a $50 administration fee.
- Withdrawal of a team after January 20th, 2020 but before April 28, 2020 results in loss of entire entry deposit ($800) unless a substitute team can be found.
- Withdrawal of team after April 28, 2020 results in loss of full race entry fee ($1600) unless a substitute team can be found.
We are not trying to come off as difficult here but we are very fortunate to have a very popular race with only limited entries. So start to organize your teams and good luck with registration.
If there are any questions, just drop us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Regards, Race Organizing Committee