The race registration fee is $1400.00 Canadian per team. This fee includes entry into the race, race t-shirt, entrance permit to Cape Breton Highlands National Park and meal at the banquet for 17 runners.
The initial registration deposit and final balance due March 1st are required to be paid with either certified cheque or money order.
Total number of teams permitted for the 2014 Cabot Trail Relay will be 70.
The cost to register a team is $1,400 (Cdn). We will accept registration forms (including $700 deposit) until December 21, 2013 (i.e. at midnight on Dec. 21 registration is over). There is no need to courier the registration forms, just mail them to:
Cabot Trail Relay Association
P.O. Box 675
After registration closes we will be drawing 45 teams from a hat.
All registration forms sent by our Dec 21 deadline will be in the hat.
There will be one hat, not a NS hat, NB hat, ON hat etc. One hat. From the remaining entries we will select 25 teams by consensus. Two members of the tech crew in Halifax and two members from the organizing committee in Baddeck will be responsible for this selection. This selection will be based on attempting to strike a balance based on the results of the 45 teams from the lottery.
We will use criteria similar to:
a. past race participation. Did a team not make the lottery that in the past has added some flavour to the race.
b. # of years in the relay. Did a team not make the lottery that has been in the race forever.
c. provide a balance of teams geographically. We want teams from everywhere.
d. New teams. We want to see a mix of old and new.
e. Who was on the waiting list in the previous years race.
f. How many teams have five (5) or more runners from the previous years race who had a DNF.
This is not carved in stone. We will do as we have done in the past and try to strike a fair and reasonable balance. There has not been in the past and will not be in the future behind the scenes deals or politics. Just as fair a selection as we can. Trust me I don’t lie, I’m an engineer.
After the 45 from the lottery and 25 by selection have been chosen the remaining teams will be placed on a waiting list. This will form the waiting list for the selection of any additional teams beyond 70. The 70 lucky teams and teams on the waiting list teams will be posted on the web page during the first week of January, 2014.
- Tee shirt order form sent to us by March 15th, 2014. Just fill it in and submit it to us
- Payment of final registration balance due in by March 1, 2014. If final payment is not received by March 1st offending teams will have 10 days to provide the full payment or risk losing a spot in the race. Don’t forget we now have more teams that want in the race than we can accommodate.
- Completed meal form in by May 1, 2014. Just fill it in and submit it to us.
- Completed waiver form in by May 1st, 2014. Just fill it in and mail it to us.
- Withdrawal of a team prior to January 15th, 2014 results in reimbursement of full deposit minus a $40 administration fee.
- Withdrawal of a team after January 15th, 2014 but before March 1, 2013 results in loss of entire entry deposit ($700) unless a substitute team can be found.
- Withdrawal of team after March 1, 2014 results in loss of full race entry fee ($1400) unless a substitute team can be found.
We are not trying to come off as difficult here but we are very fortunate to have a very popular race with only limited entries. So start to organize your teams and good luck with registration.
If there are any questions, just drop us an e-mail at email@example.com
Regards, Race Organizing Committee
Here are the necessary forms for registrants